OAB Symptoms and Treatment in Huntsville, AL
Overactive bladder (OAB) is a condition that affects many individuals who, for one reason or another, are unable to hold urine in regular quantities or for regular periods of time. OAB encompasses a variety of different symptoms, which may also exist at varying levels of severity.
The expertly trained urologists at Urology Specialists, PC have extensive experience diagnosing and treating OAB. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, it may be time to consult with a specialist. Call (256) 882-3605 to request an appointment at our urology office in Huntsville, AL today!
Overactive Bladder Symptoms
If you're experiencing the symptoms of common bladder control problems, it's time to see a bladder incontinence specialist who may ask you to fill out a symptom tracker to get a better idea of your daily experience and help confirm your diagnosis.
Symptoms of overactive bladder (OAB) include:
- Urinating before you reach the bathroom
- Experiencing frequent leaks
- Using pads or protective garments
- Frequent, uncontrollable urge to go
- Going more than 8 times a day
- Feeling like your bladder is never empty
Symptoms of urinary retention* include:
- Can't tell if your bladder is full
- Holding increasingly large amounts of urine
- Weak or dribbling stream
- Needing to use a catheter
* Medtronic Bladder Control Therapies do not treat obstructive urinary retention.
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.