Men’s Health Specialist in Huntsville, AL
What is Men’s Health?
Men’s health includes a broad range of healthcare, as well as conditions that only affect men, such as prostate cancer and low testosterone. There are many diseases and conditions that affect men, and your urologist can help you stay on top of your care and address any lifestyle factors such as diet and exercise.
The board-certified urologists at Urology Specialists are experts in men’s health. If you have been diagnosed with a men’s health condition such as enlarged prostate, ED, low T, or Peyronie’s, call (256) 882-3605 to request an appointment at our men’s health clinic in Huntsville today.
What is a Men’s Health Specialist?
There are many health conditions unique to men. The providers that best understand these issues are urologists. Urologists are experts in men’s health and often see conditions of the urinary tract or help treat certain cancers specific to men.
When Should I See an Expert in Men’s Health?
Men who have a family history of prostate, testicular, kidney, and other cancers should start seeing a urologist around the age of 40. Your men’s health specialist will do a complete medical history and screening exam to determine if you are at risk for some of these diseases, or discuss any other issues that may be on your mind.
What Conditions would you see a Men’s Health Specialist for?
There are several conditions that your urologist can help with. Many men put off seeing the doctor and fail to stay on top of routine screenings and checkups. As you establish a relationship with your urologist, you will be able to check for conditions before they get worse.
A men’s health specialist, or urologist will be able to help with the following:
- Low T
- Urinary dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate enlargement
- Peyronie’s disease
- Kidney stones
- Male infertility
- Urologic cancers
If you have questions about a specific condition, contact Urology Specialists, PC to set up a consultation.
How is a Men’s Health Specialist uniquely Qualified to Help?
Beginning between ages 40 and 50, men should see their urologist yearly for a rectal exam and PSA testing to avoid prostate cancer.
A men’s health specialist can be uniquely qualified to help based on the number of men they see regularly. Your urologist will also have your complete medical history and be able to help monitor or things out of the ordinary or issues you may be concerned about. These specialists have advanced medical training and years of experience to provide you with the best care.
What Sexual Health Issues Can They Help With?
In addition to common urology issues, men’s health specialists can also help address sexual health issues such as:
- Erection problems
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Issues with sexual intercourse
- Genital injuries
- Hormone issues such as testosterone
It may be difficult to find someone you trust to discuss these issues with, however, our men’s experts are aware of the sensitivity around these topics. It is time to get you the help you deserve if you are dealing with sexual health issues.
Evaluation with a Men’s Health Expert – What to Expect
- Medical history: You can discuss a variety of topics including your medical history and lifestyle habits in order to give your urologist a complete picture of your health.
- Exam or Tests: The urologist will perform a physical exam concentrated on the genitourinary system, and evaluate other systems as well. The physician may perform a genital exam plus a digital rectal exam. You may also need additional testing or blood work.
- Recommended treatment: Men’s health experts may recommend a variety of treatments, depending on your condition. All risks and options will be available to you.
What Procedures Can They Perform?
Men’s health experts in urology perform a number of procedures including:
- Vasectomy or Vasectomy Reversal – cuts the supply of sperm to the semen
- Implants – penile implants to help with ED
- Cystoscopy – to look inside the bladder and urethra
- Prostate Procedures – to address cancer or enlarged prostate
- Ureteroscopy – to address kidney stones
- Lithotripsy – shock wave therapy to treat kidney stones
- Orchiopexy – surgical procedure to move a testicle down
- Penile Plication- to treat penile curvature
Schedule a Men’s Health Appointment Today
The expertly trained men’s health specialists at Urology Specialists, PC are expertly trained in diagnosing and treating conditions that specifically affect men. Call (256) 882-3605 to request an appointment at our men’s health clinic in Huntsville today.